deadline: 23 June 2011
Talisman Energy Inc. is a large, independent upstream oil and gas company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Talisman has operations in North America, Latin America, the North Sea, Southeast Asia, Australia, and North Africa.
Talisman has been active in Indonesia since 1994, and has steadily grown its asset portfolio over the past 16 years. Production has grown rapidly in the recent past, as is expected to exceed 80,000 boe/d within the next two years.
Experienced and suitably qualified Indonesian Nationals seeking challenging employment are invited to apply for this position :
Reporting to International Legal Counsel, your principle responsibilities will be to:
• Provide necessary legal advice and execution for Jakarta and Field activities, prepare and review all Company contracts with third parties and employees. Manage legal affairs (including land acquisition) and industrial relations matters.
• Prepare, recommend and develop contract/agreements, brief, minutes, legal opinions, legal advices and/or other legal documents/papers/legal interpretation, including, letters requesting permits, licenses, approvals and decisions/dispensation/exceptions with unlimited value.
• Maintain constant surveillance of current laws, regulations, jurisprudence and BP Migas procedures and Production Sharing Contract Provisions. Provide legal opinions on their effect to Company.
• Review/study/analyze contracts/legal disputes/issues and provide their legal solutions.
• Negotiates legal matters with outsiders.
• Attend Court sessions and represent Company in other legal activities.
• Coordinate legal advice with Corporate Legal – Calgary. Retain and instruct top international and regional law firms.
The ideal candidate will have :
• Polished English language communication and presentation skills are required.
• Minimum 7 years of working experience in Legal, and Contract Administration, in the Indonesian oil & gas industry.
• In-depth understanding of Indonesian laws and contracts procedures. Excellence in human relations, analytical and writing skills.
Only the very best will be considered for this key position. Address your application quoting position title that you apply to :