Providing Energy for Human Progress
Chevron is one of the world’s largest integrated energy companies. Headquartered in San Ramon, Calif., we conduct business worldwide. We are engaged in every aspect of the crude oil and natural gas industry, including exploration and production, manufacturing, marketing and transportation, chemicals manufacturing and sales, geothermal energy, and power generation. We’re also investing in renewables and advanced technologies.
Sr. RESERVOIR ENGINEER (PE-EXP/GPO-JKT)
Overview of position :
- Contribute to maximizing the value of Chevron’s geothermal resources in Indonesia by optimizing field development and resource management programs.
- Chevron is the world’s leading geothermal energy company and operates the Darajat and Salak geothermal fields in West Java.
- This position is for a Reservoir Engineer working as part of a cross-functional team to implement surveillance programs, optimize production, design workovers and stimulation programs, prepare drilling proposals, generate production forecasts, and create long-term Asset Development Plans. Work is on complex, naturally fractured reservoirs and frequently requires innovative solutions and making improvements to specialized engineering tools.
- Reservoir Engineer Positions are based in Jakarta.
- SPECIAL CONSIDERATION: Previous geothermal experience is not required. The ideal candidate will have strong fundamentals in reservoir engineering and the desire to apply these skills in a challenging environment while also learning specialized geothermal tools and techniques.
- S1 Degree (S2/Master Degree will be an advantage) Petroleum Engineering or related engineering discipline with PE experience with GPA min 2.75
- 4 years related experience in Oil and Gas or Geothermal Industry
- Strong fundamental skills in reservoir engineering with an understanding of other disciplines (earth science, facilities engineering, drilling engineering, operations).
- Detailed experience with reservoir surveillance, production optimization, workover/completion design, stimulation design, reservoir modeling, economic analysis, etc.
- Familiarity with standard software applications (such as Saphir, OFM/DSS, MBAL, Prosper, GAP, PEEP, VIP, Eclipse, and/or geothermal applications).
- Ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams, proactive in keeping team and management informed through clear written and verbal communications and presentations.
For more information and how to apply, please go to
our e-recruitment website at www.chevron.formycareer.com
Not more than 20 Februari 2011